Believe Truth Over Lies
How to Start Speaking Confident Quotes Each Day
If you have low confidence, it can be hard to teach yourself to be confident in your beauty and to embrace who you are. This is why we love affirmations!
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome negative or self-defeating thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, they can change your thinking patterns and help you to achieve your goals.
How does the use of affirmations help?
Regularly repeating affirmations helps to reprogram your subconscious mind, and can eventually help to change the way you think, feel, and behave. Over time, this can lead to improved well-being and better life circumstances.
Some people find that it takes a while to really believe their affirmations. It might help to start by repeating them to yourself once a day, or even just a few times a week. Remember that it’s important to be patient—changes in thinking and behavior take time and you won't notice a big change overnight.
The Daily Affirmation
Having a list of affirmations that you repeat to yourself daily is the first step to changing the way that you think. As time goes on, this list may grow from only a few affirmations to a dozen or more!
If you don't believe us, try it for yourself! Just remember to be patient—it takes time for changes in thinking and behavior to take place. Here are some examples of daily affirmations:
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
- I am strong, confident, and deserving of success.
- I am grateful for all the good in my life.
- I am happy and content with who I am.
- I am surrounded by love and support.
- Everything in my life is happening for my highest good.
- I release all negative thoughts and emotions.
- I am peaceful, calm, and serene.
- I am healthy, whole, and perfect just as I am.
- Today, I choose to be happy and optimistic.
- I attract positive people and experiences into my life.
- I am ____________.
It doesn't matter what your current circumstances may be—if you keep repeating these affirmations to yourself on a daily basis, eventually your thinking will begin to change and you will start to see evidence of it in your life! Just give it time…and be consistent!
Tips for Daily Affirmations
If you're worried that you'll feel a bit like Arya Stark, repeating her hit list, there are many ways that you can bring your daily affirmations into focus each day without talking to yourself!
- Write them down in a journal each morning! Seeing the words in front of you can be a powerful reminder to focus on what's important to you. This will also allow you to choose the affirmations that you feel you need the most on any given day.
- Write them on sticky notes and put them somewhere you will see each day, like a mirror or your wall.
- Create a vision board with your affirmations as the centerpiece.
- Make them into a cute screensaver on your computer or phone.
- Find affirmations that speak to you online and create a playlist that you can listen to each day.
- Focus on one affirmation at a time. Trying to change too many things at once can be overwhelming, so just choose one thing to focus on!
Whatever way you choose to remind yourself of your affirmations, make sure that it works for you! The more you engage with them, the more impact they will have on your life.